Thermal Transfer Printing
What it is/how it works:
Thermal transfer printing technology uses heat to transfer an image (text, images and barcodes) using an ink
ribbon onto a label. Heat from the print head melts the ink on the ribbon which is deposited onto the label surface to create the image.
What it’s used for (Ideal uses):
- Ability to use materials that are weather / chemical resistant.
- The drying time of the ink is very fast enabling high speed printing.
- The price range makes high quality label printing affordable to smaller businesses.
- Available in a rugged metal construction for warehouse environments.
- Larger label rolls making for fewer label changes.
Most thermal transfer printers also have the ability to do direct thermal printing.
- Added consumable cost, due to ribbon requirement. More user training involved in loading the consumables.
Price / Maximum Volumes of labels per day:
Thermal Transfer Label Materials
Thermal Transfer Ribbons
Thermal Transfer Printing also requires the use of a ribbon to view our range click on the image below, alternatively click here for more information.
Found this useful or would you like to know more? Get in touch below and let us know