Thermal Label Printers
Choosing the right label printer for your needs can be quite confusing with so many options, it’s difficult to make sure you get the printer to suit your needs. This is where AM Labels will help; we will give you our in-depth knowledge and professional advice to insure you get the label printer for your business needs.
Direct Thermal / Thermal Transfer Technology
The first step is to identify what you are printing for, as if you are only going to be printing address labels or labels for perishable goods that are only going to be used for a short space of time then a direct thermal printer would be ideal. This is due to the fact that Direct thermal technology uses heat sensitive paper by transferring heat through the print head of a direct thermal printer burning an image (text, images and barcodes) directly onto a label. This means that the print will fade in sunlight or heat and can be easily marked when scuffed.
The other option is Thermal Transfer which uses heat to transfer an image (text, images and barcodes) using an ink ribbon onto a label. Heat from the print head melts the ink on the ribbon which is deposited onto the label surface to create the image. This type of printing allows for use of paper and synthetic label materials, which depending on the type can give resistance to heat, water, oil and chemicals.
Choose from the most popular manufacturers in the world, including Zebra, Toshiba, TSC and many more with AM Labels range of desktop label printers. These compact, low-volume printers are ideal for short-run label printing onto rolls and could not be easier to use – just plug the printer in and you’re ready to print!
- Small footprint
- Plastic construction
- Print up to 1000 labels per day
- Low cost (£150+)
- 2 or 4 inch print width
- Centered labels means easy setup and use
Mid-range printers are ideal for businesses that require higher label printing throughput than standard desktop thermal printers. Dependant on model, a standard mid-range label printer can print up to 10,000 labels per day and are more rugged than compact desktop printers.
- Print up to 10,000 labels per day
- Semi-rugged construction
- Larger label rolls (6”-8” O/D) and ribbons (up to 450M)
- 4 inch print width
- Prices from £490
- Ribbons on 1” core which is easier to fit than desktop printers
- Faster print speeds of up to 10” per second
- Adjustable gap detector
AM Labels has a variety of industrial label printers, which allow you to print crisp text and barcodes at fast print speeds. These printers are ideal for high volume label printing. Many industrial label printers will come standard with both Direct Thermal & Thermal Transfer as standard printing methods and can print on a wide variety of label materials.
- Rugged Construction
- Printing 10,000 labels+ per day
- Larger label rolls and ribbons means fewer changes whilst printing (8” O/D labels and 600M ribbons)
- Prices from £650
- Faster printing speeds, up to 14” per second
- Built in rewinder options
- Options for 5, 6, and 8” print widths
Compact mobile label printers allow you print labels on-the-go. Connectivity options include wireless radio or Bluetooth and AM Labels range include the popular Zebra mobile printers.
- Lightweight or rugged construction
- Print receipts or labels on the go
- Prices from £250
- 2, 3 or 4 inch print width
Stand Alone Printers
A Stand Alone Solution consists of a printer and keyboard display unit which allows different label designs to be selected and printed without the need for a computer. AM Labels also offers a touchscreen stand alone solution with a themal printer or a colour inkjet printer.
- Print labels without the need for a computer - either with a keyboard display unit, keypad or dedicated touchscreen
- Keyboard display unit allows for simple text customisation and quantity of labels printed
- Uses your product database, maximising uptime immediately.
- Attach a scanner and the user can scan barcodes that will input data directly from the scanner
- Select-A-Label can be entirely tailored to your labelling needs.
Found this useful or would you like to know more? Get in touch below and let us know