Labeling solution for Kettering General Hospital success!
Kettering General Hospital (KGH) NHS Trust provides access to a comprehensive range of acute services. The Trust has approximately five hundred and twenty beds, an accident & emergency department, outpatients departments and a full range of diagnostic facilities. The hospital is fully equipped to care for patients who need emergency treatment and provides outpatient, day case and inpatient services.
KGH had two outdated Tec printers printing slide labels in the Pathology Labs that were costing a great deal of money to service and fix ongoing problems. It was obvious that these printers needed to be replaced. The other problem was that the printers were driven by out of date software using an aged version of the Tec programming language. KGH were also having problems with the slide labels sticking to each other during printing cycles. The label material needed to be synthetic and extremely durable.
AM Labels sourced a solution to the coding requirements through the use of Nicelabel software. AM Labels were able to translate the code to work with a newer range of label printers. AM Labels supplied them with Zebra Z4M printers, Nicelabel software and Zebra branded labels and ribbons. Once the system was installed all staff were then trained on the use and maintenance of the Zebra printers.
Immediate benefits were apparent once the new system was installed and fully functioning.
- Less wastage from slide labels
- Lower breakdowns
- Lower cost of repairs
- Saved cost – no need to rewrite software to use with new label printers
What can we do for you?
AM Labels do whatever it takes to find the right solutions for individual customer’s needs. We understand that one size does not always fit all and that all businesses are very much unique. No matter what industry you are in it is extremely likely that we have a solution for one or more of your everyday business needs – be it labelling, barcoding, scanning, asset tracking or similar. So get in touch and let our experts do the hard work for you:
- Using over forty years of industry experience we start by identifying your needs.
- Our unrivalled product knowledge enables us to swiftly identify and source the best solutions and products for you. And if you don’t need them we won’t try to sell you them!
- Our technical experts will oversee installation / implementation of your new system.
- Our dedicated team are always on hand to support you and offer advice – we like to see all our customers as lifelong partners.
For a friendly chat about what we may be able to offer you or just for some advice please call us on: